Sun, Sep 11|
Sundays at Sunset Breathwork Healing
A safe and joyful space to breathe, process, and heal every Sunday at sundown. Join us in a communal medicine (tea, tincture, oil, plant medicine, etc), breathwork meditation and sharing/journaling...
Time & Location
Sep 11, 2022, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM EDT
Shamama, 3355 Eagle Park Dr NE Suite 108, Grand Rapids, MI 49505, USA
About The Event
How our sessions usually go:
- We come into the little studio and greet everyone. :)
- We have a communal medicine and chat for a bit before beginning our breathwork session. Everything we do is optional, of course.
- We will often do a variety of movements (yoga, qi gong, swaying, tai chi, etc.) before we begin our breathwork.
- We usually play a custom playlist of meditation music; we sometimes will have healing sound, rattling, drumming, toning, etc.
- You will be nurtured by your facilitator/s with energy work and healing touch. (Everything we do is with consent of course.) Because we cap registration at 5 participants (and often have two facilitators), we are better able to attend to your needs.
- We may use essential oils, crystals or other sacred objects as well. We do not use smoke or incense during breathwork and will be sensitive to all allergies and preferences to scents.
- Every session is unique as your facilitators use their intuition to guide you in the healing practices that are best suited for you at that moment--and you will be using your intuition as well. What will happen is aligned with what will serve you best.
- You will breathe in the ways that feel right at that moment.
- Hopefully your thinking mind will take a little vacation while you blissfully breathe. :)
- You may experience a great catharsis and bodily release (crying, screaming, etc).
- When the session is over you will want to integrate for a while. You are welcome to stay in the studio and journal, drink tea, sit silently, or speak to your facilitators about your experience.
- We advise that you allow 4-24 hours for integration and reflection.
- Your facilitator will send a follow-up email with playlist and insights (and you are welcome to email with your insights!)
- Wear comfy clothes that don't restrict your breathing (avoid belts, bras, etc.) Pajamas and Velvet Sweatsuits welcome! :)
- Please bring a yoga mat, blanket, eye pillow/blindfold (bring the free one you get from your private session or you can borrow one of ours), journal, writing utensil, and water bottle. We know, it's a lot to pack; think of it like a fun expedition!
- It is advisable that you abstain from mind-altering substances (alcohol, cannabis, etc) for at least 24 hours prior to the session and avoid a heavy meal two hours prior. Try to come with a light stomach and a clear vessel.
- Group breathwork is contraindicated for those who are pregnant or those who have: severe asthma, severe heart disease, epilepsy/history of seizures, acute physical injuries, or severe diabetes. We can make accomodations for you in a private 1:1 session, but a group setting is not advisable.
- Shamama is inclusive to ALL people! Namaste!
Cost: The cost is self-determined, according to your feeling of value, gratitude, and means. Suggested donation between $25 and $55. You may pay by cash, check, Venmo or Zelle* before or after the session.