Sat, Aug 19|
Join Ryan Dodger for a breathwork circle just for men at a private “green area” near Lake Bella Vista. The men’s practice only differs by its focus on encouraging more male engagement with different kinds of self-care. Our music will include artists like Mac Miller.
Time & Location
Aug 19, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Kent County, Lake Bella Vista, Cannon Township, MI 49341, USA
About The Event
Faciliator: Ryan Dodger
Cost: The energy exchange is self-determined, according to your feeling of value, gratitude, and means. Suggested donation between $15 and $40. You may pay by cash, check, Venmo or CashApp before or after the session. We appreciate your generosity!
How our sessions usually go:
- We meet near the street and walk back together through the woods.
- We set up our yoga mats/sleeping bags in a large circle surrounded by trees.
- We will often do a variety of movements (yoga, qi gong, swaying, tai chi, etc.) before we begin our breathwork.
- We usually play a custom playlist of meditation music; we sometimes will have healing sound, rattling, drumming or we do our own toning.
- You will be nurtured by your facilitator/s with reiki and/or healing touch. (Everything we do is with consent of course.)
- We may use essential oils, crystals or other sacred objects as well.
- Every session is unique as your facilitators use their intuition to guide you in the healing practices that are best suited for you at that moment--and you will be using your intuition as well. What will happen is aligned with what will serve you best.
- We will breathe in the ways that feel right at that moment.
- Hopefully your ego will take a hike while you blissfully breathe. :)
- We may experience a great catharsis and bodily release (crying, screaming, etc).
- When the session is over you will want to integrate for a while. You are welcome to stay in the green area, walk to the lake for a dip in the lake, or to just head home. We advise that you allow 4-24 hours for integration and reflection.
- You are welcome to email us later with questions or insights.
- Wear comfy clothes that don't restrict your breathing (avoid belts, bras, etc.) Pajamas and Velvet Sweatsuits welcome!
- Please bring a sleeping bag (or a yoga mat and blanket), eye pillow/blindfold, water bottle, and natural insect repellent. You may also want to bring two rocks to hold onto during breathing to stay grounded). We know, it's a lot to pack; think of it like a fun expedition!
- It is advisable that you abstain from mind-altering substances (alcohol, cannabis, etc) for at least 24 hours prior to the session. Try to come with a light stomach and a clear vessel.
- There is no restroom on site. You have the option of au naturale in the woods or walking to Michele's house about 400 yards away.
- This group practice is contraindicated for those who are pregnant or those who have: severe asthma, severe heart disease, epilepsy/history of seizures, acute physical injuries, severe diabetes. We can make more accomodations for you in a private 1:1 session than in a group session.
- Shamama is inclusive to all people. Namaste!
Benefits of Breathwork:
❤️ Connect with your inner wisdom
🧡 Improve energy levels
💛 Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
💚 Release strong emotions like grief, fear, guilt, or anger
💙 Reprogram limiting beliefs that keep you stuck
💜 Deepen your spiritual connection
Pay what you want
Pay what you want0