Fri, Mar 24|
Shamama's Creativity+Healing Studio
Our intention with breathwork is to bring our awareness inside our body where all creativity, abundance and bliss reside. We will create a safe container for you to relax, release, and reach those new heights of awareness and awakening.
Time & Location
Mar 24, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Shamama's Creativity+Healing Studio, 3355 Eagle Park Dr NE, Suite 108 Grand Rapids, MI 49525
About The Event
You will be nurtured by your Shamama-trained co-healers with energy work and healing touch. (Everything we do is with your explicit consent.) Because we keep a 1:5 ratio of facilitator to participant, we are better able to attend to your physical and emotional needs.
- Please make sure you are healthy if you are joining us. We will be breathing and healing together in a small space (we are capping at five participants and two facilitors this time). It is intimate and safe space--and we all honor that.
- Wear comfy clothes that don't restrict your breathing (avoid belts, bras, jewelry etc.)
- Please bring a yoga mat, blanket, eye pillow/blindfold (bring the free one you get from your private session or you can borrow one of ours), journal, writing utensil, and water bottle. We know, it's a lot to pack; think of it like a fun expedition!
- It is advisable that you abstain from mind-altering substances (alcohol, cannabis, etc) for at least 24 hours prior to the session and avoid a heavy meal two hours prior. Try to come with a light stomach and a clear vessel.
- Group breathwork is contraindicated for those who are pregnant or those who have: severe asthma, severe heart disease, epilepsy/history of seizures, acute physical injuries, or severe diabetes. We do make accomodations for you in a private session, but a group setting is not advisable if you may have health concerns.
- Shamama is inclusive to ALL people! Namaste!
How our sessions go:
- We may move our bodies before we begin breathing (qi gong, dance, tai chi, yoga), however everything with Shamama is optional and accessible (including the building which has an elevator). You are welcome exactly how you are! Let us know ahead of time if you need assistance; we are here for you!
- We may use essential oils, crystals or other sacred objects. We do not use smoke/smudge/incense during breathwork and will be accomodating to all allergies and preferences to scents.
- Every session is unique as your facilitators use their intuition to guide you in the healing practices that are best suited for you at that moment--and you will be using your intuition as well! Know that whatever will happen is perfectly aligned with what will serve you--and our universe--best.
- You will breathe in the ways that feel right at that moment; we will be there to guide you.
- You may experience a great catharsis and bodily release, such as crying, sweating or shaking.
- We support you during your entire session.
- When the session is over you will want to integrate even further. You are welcome to stay in the studio and journal, sit silently, or speak to your facilitators about your experience.
- We advise that you allow 4-24 hours for integration and reflection.
- Your facilitators will send a follow-up email with playlist and insights (and you are welcome to email with your insights!)
ENERGY EXCHANGE: The cost is self-determined, according to your feeling of value, gratitude, and means. Suggested donation is between $45 and $65. You may donate by cash, credit card, check or Venmo before or after the session. Please know that we want this to be accessible to every body in the world--regardless of ability to pay or participate.
Shamama Breathwork at Beaubien
Pay what you want
Pay what you want