top of page
Sun, Apr 17|
A safe and and joyful space to breathe, process, and heal every Sunday at sundown. Join us in a communal medicine (tea, tincture, oil, plant medicine, etc), breathwork meditation and sharing/journaling.
Registration is closedSee other events
Time & Location
Apr 17, 2022, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM EDT
Shamama, 3355 Eagle Park Dr NE Suite 108, Grand Rapids, MI 49505, USA
About The Event
Cost: The cost is self-determined, according to your feeling of value, gratitude, and means. Suggested donation between $30 and $90. You may pay by cash, check, Venmo, PayPal or Zelle* before or after the session.
How our sessions usually go:
- We come in to the little studio and greet everyone. :)
- We have a communal medicine and chat for a bit before beginning our breathwork session. Everything we do is optional, of course.
- We will often do a variety of movements (yoga, qi gong, swaying, tai chi, etc.) before we begin our breathwork.
- We usually play a custom playlist of meditation music; we sometimes will have healing sound, rattling, drumming, orwe do our own toning.
- You will be nurtured by your facilitator/s with reiki and/or healing touch. (Everything we do is with consent of course.)
- We may use essential oils, crystals or other sacred objects as well. Because we cap registration at 5 participants (and often have two facilitators), we are better able to attend to your needs.
- Every session is unique as your facilitators use their intuition to guide you in the healing practices that are best suited for you at that moment--and you will be using your intuition as well. What will happen is aligned with what will serve you best.
- We will breathe in the ways that feel right at that moment.
- Hopefully your ego will take a hike while you blissfully breathe. :)
- We may experience a great catharsis and bodily release (crying, screaming, etc).
- When the session is over you will want to integrate for a while. You are welcome to stay in the studio and journal, drink tea, sit silently, or speak to your facilitators about your experience.
- We advise that you allow 4-24 hours for integration and reflection.
- Your facilitator will send a follow-up email with playlist and insights (and you are welcome to email with your insights!)
- Wear comfy clothes that don't restrict your breathing (avoid belts, bras, etc.) Pajamas and Velvet Sweatsuits welcome!
- Please bring a yoga mat, blanket, eye pillow/blindfold (bring the free one you get from your private session or you can borrow one of ours), journal, writing utensil, and water bottle. We know, it's a lot to pack; think of it like a fun expedition!
- It is advisable that you abstain from mind-altering substances (alcohol, cannabis, etc) for at least 24 hours prior to the session. Try to come with a light stomach and a clear vessel.
- This group practice is contraindicated for those who are pregnant or those who have: severe asthma, severe heart disease, epilepsy/history of seizures, acute physical injuries, severe diabetes. We can make more accomodations for you in a private 1:1 session than in a group session.
- Shamama is inclusive to all people. Namaste!
bottom of page